This policy applies to information we collect when you choose to use this website, and also to personal information which we process further to supplying services to you.
This website is owned by Dream Property Solutions Limited. Our webhost is LCN.
Who we are
Dream Property Solutions Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and as of 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) (as applicable the “Legislation”) where we control the purposes for which we process your personal information.
Any questions about our data protection policy or how we handle your personal data should be addressed using our ‘Contact’ information below.)
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address and contact details), for example your email address and phone number when you enquiry about our rental properties.
Account Information. When you sign up for an Dream Property Solutions Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address or photo. When making a Booking, we may ask you to provide additional information, which can include your address and phone number.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, such as a child for whom you are legally responsible, you confirm that either;
(1) the other person has a contractual relationship with you and knows that you will be transferring their personal data to us for specific purposes and/or
(2) s/he has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
– give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
– receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
– give consent to the processing of his/her sensitive personal data (as listed below).
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- provide the information requested;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services and user experience
- If you become a customer your details will be retained for internal record keeping
- This information may also be used to provide a booking to you in accordance with our Booking Terms and Conditions.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- employees within our group
- our service providers, such as management companies, cleaning companies and other suppliers
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- Card Payments are processed by PayPal – your card details are not retained by Dream Property Solutions Ltd.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals whose personal data is processed:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling [(We do not carry out automated decision making and profiling)]
Right to access – i.e. to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please contact us using details below and:
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence or passport); and
- let us know what information you want.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to remove your details from our records or restrict how we use your information
You can ask us to stop contacting you for particular purposes or remove your information completely from our records. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep your personal data and, in that circumstance, we will destroy your personal information as soon as we are legally entitled to do so. If you would like us to stop contacting you with information about our services, please email or write to us (see ‘Contact’ below).
Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervising Authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data we hope you will alert us to these directly (see the Contact information below). If you are still unhappy you are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the supervising authority in the UK. Their contact details and the procedure can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
Keeping your data secure
Our staff and associates are bound by obligations of confidentiality and trained in the protection of personal data. We comply with the Legislation and use the appropriate technical and organisational measures necessary to safeguard your personal data. We only share your personal data with third parties who also comply with the Legislation.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
We only send your data outside the EEA where we have in place a legal agreement which complies with the Legislation.
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- If you opt into our marketing emails this information will be held on our email system until you unsubscribe from the emails.
- Information submitted by an enquiry form will be held on our secure server indefinitely in order to refer back to for a job or future query
Our contact information
If you wish to contact us about any other matter, please send an email to email@example.com.
Dream Property Solutions Limited [May 2018]